Fr. John Domin
1923 - 2017
Tue 6/13 10:30 am
John Gaw Meem of Meem, Holien, Buckley and Associates, architects was the architect of the1960 chapel. The facade of the building with the double bell tower and balcony is based on Franciscan Mission style architecture and constructed of hollow tile and shale brick.
The interior contains reredos installed in 1963 above the altar was designed by art Professor John Tatschl following sketches by John Gaw Meem. The retablos were painted by John M. Gonzales of Las Vegas, New Mexico, in 1984. The south wall holds the names of alumnae who died in wars beginning with WWI.
1 - 2
War Memorial Chapel, Albuquerque, NM
© 2016 Sanctuary for Sacred Arts