Fr. John Domin
1923 - 2017
Tue 6/13 10:30 am
St. Charles Borromeo was built in 1933 by architect Fritz Metzger, 1898-1973. The bell and clock tower loom over the statues on the exterior façade.
Horseshoe-shaped design of the church with stained glass windows ringing the top. Fr. John Domin was the photographer.
Bell tower Front entrance overlooking the river. Fr. John Domin, photographer.
Another view of statues on the front of the building. Fr. John Domin, photographer.
The altar was the focus of the Eucharistic celebration also on display is the carved metal tabernacle and the Christ fresco above the altar. Fr. John Domin, photographer.
Horseshoe-shaped design on the interior with view of the thin pillars supporting ceiling. Carved pulpit, clerestory windows and altar. Fr. John Domin, photographer.
Raised altar enabled the liturgical celebrations to be visible to the congregation. Windows provide ample light on the altar. One slender supporting pillar is visible in this photograph. Fr. John Domin, photographer.
5 - 7
St. Charles Borromeo, Lucerne, Switzerland
© 2016 Sanctuary for Sacred Arts