Fr. John Domin
1923 - 2017
Tue 6/13 10:30 am
Resurrection Parish (under the name Church of the Resurrection) originated at the chapel at Marylhurst University; Fr. John Domin was the first pastor. It moved to Tualatin and the current church (2013), with Rev. William Moisant as pastor, was constructed by Di Loreto Architecture in 2002. The church has commissioned Mary Katsilometes to write several large icons, including "The Holy Crucifixion" pictured here.
"The Annunciation" icon, 8' x 10', was installed and blessed in 2012. This icon commemorates the announcement by Archangel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary that she would become the Mother of God.
View of the left side of Resurrection Church showing "The Resurrection" icon (10' x 12', Egg Tempera on Gesso, installed 2011, blessed 2012), and The Holy Crucifixicon", the altar and ambo.
The entrance of the church, lighting, and the scaffolding for the icons while they are in process of being written.
The entrance of the church, Holy Water and Baptismal Fonts and candle. Standing near the entrance is Fr. Bill Moisant, Pastor; Mary Katsilometes, Iconogrpher and Anna Mosey, Pastoral Associate.
The Holy Water Font.
Fr. John Domin, the first pastor, talking with the iconographer, Mary Katsilometes, with a view of the church interior.
"The Holy Crucifixion", 8' x 13', Egg Tempera on Gesso, was installed in 2010 and blessed by Archbishop John Vlazny in March 2011.
The cartoon, developed in the early stages of the writing, is of "The Holy Pentecost" icon.
The Daily Mass Chapel with glass windows to the main altar of the church.
The tabernacle, located in the Daily Mass Chapel.
2 - 11
© 2016 Sanctuary for Sacred Arts