Fr. John Domin
1923 - 2017
Tue 6/13 10:30 am
Exterior view of the 123 year old womens' Benedictine monastery, with the newly constructed chapel in the foreground, 1998. J. David Richen,1940- architect.
Different view of the monastery exterior. Large windows surround the new chapel.
View of the priory from the historic window of the original chapel, 1998.
Interior view of the chapel, constructed in 1998, looking toward the sanctuary, the historic rose window, (saved from the old chapel), and the beautiful creation out the windows.
View toward the altar and the rose window with the presider's chair and the ambo in the foreground, 1998.
The monastery organ is on the left, above the chapel entrance. The ornate altar, ambo and chair are in the forground. The large windows flood the chapel with natural light, 1998.
The Book on the enthronement stand is in an alcove which was the former entrance to the academy at the monastery.
The sanctuary lamp and the Tabernacle. 1998. The design of the rose window on the Tabernacle was used to signify unity between the old chapel and the new.
The three Holy Oils - the Oil of Catechumens, the Chrism, and the Sick reside in what is called the ambry, 1998.
3 - 9
Queen of Angels Priory, Mt. Angel, OR
© 2016 Sanctuary for Sacred Arts