Fr. John Domin
1923 - 2017
Tue 6/13 10:30 am
Rudolph Schwartz, 1897-1961, was the architect of Liebfrauenkirke, (Church of Our Dear Lady). it has a free-standing altar in a circular sanctuary surrounded by the congregation. The tabernacle does not reside on the altar but under a baldachino behind the altar. Altar rails ring the altar.
The baldachino, supported by four pillars, was designed by an artist named Wimmer.
1 - 2
Liebfrauenkirche, Trier, Germany
© 2016 Sanctuary for Sacred Arts