Fr. John Domin
1923 - 2017
Tue 6/13 10:30 am
Church of Notre Dame, Le Raincy, France, 1922-24, was designed by architect Auguste Perret, 1874-1954. It had a curved decorative ceiling and walls of glass, concrete and steel. Due to all the windows there was ample light. Fr. John Domin, photographer.
Architect Auguste Perret, 1874-1954, according to Seasoltz, was the "creator of reinforced concrete", meaning that bare concrete was visible outside and often in the interior of the church as well. The walls of this large war-memorial church, due to the many windows, gave the appearance of being both lacy and solid.
Maurice Denis was the window designer at Notre Dame. Père Marie-Alain Couturier was the priest who secured Denis as well as the other artists.
Maurice Denis was the window designer but it was Marguerite Hurs who executed the designs.
1 - 4
Church of Notre Dame, Le Raincy, France
© 2016 Sanctuary for Sacred Arts